Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Man, Iron Man

Last Thursday (chill out, I’m a busy girl, so last Thursday was basically yesterday for me), my whole office got an e-mail saying “all-hands meeting tomorrow (Friday) at 2:45, clear your schedules.”

All hands does in fact mean that every set of hands at my company, whether they be tech hands, marketing hands, or CEO hands, had to attend this meeting. These are my favorite hours at work- the hours spent in our freezing ice box of a conference room hashing and rehashing our failures and successes, unveiling those pivotal “ah ha’s” and handing out tickets to the 3:30 showing of Iron Man 2.

I truly was excited for this meeting (they’re led by geniuses, really), but when the office field trip to the movies was proposed, my excitement found itself wandering in a whole new direction. Robert Downey Jr. is a glorious mess of a man, and though my office as a whole is particularly good looking (if I do say so myself…), I couldn’t have been more excited for some added Friday afternoon eye candy.


Candy.

I’m no movie critic, but if it means anything, I’d spend my entire days pay on seeing it as many times as those earnings allow. So, okay that’s like twice…maybe three times. Movies are sickly expensive these days…Whatever, Iron Man 2 was damn good.

After the movie, I went from cloud 9 to cloud 10- with the act of one UPS man. Fine, it really wasn’t the man, it was his package. Sorry, THE package he was delivering…ha ha, maybe I’m still in fantasy land from R Downey J… Anyways, to me, the brown cardboard “box” (mangled out of shape because of how over stuffed it was, god love you dad) looked more like a treasure chest of jewels. I hugged and kissed every dress that poured out of my pot of gold.

And then the weather rained on my parade, yes, literally. My Floridian wardrobe-in-a-box definitely did not bring with it the good weather. This weekend started off cold and windy. Marilyn Monroe is the only woman that looks sexy taming a windblown dress. The rest of us look like idiots trying to keep our hemlines out of our faces as the gusts roll by. So those dresses have yet to make their debut. What weatherman do I have to speak with to get this whole Summer thing on the forecast?

On a brighter not, this weekend was Mother’s Day, and while I was sad that my own mommy wasn’t with me, I had another one on loan. Or share.

My ridiculously dear friend, Hayley Apfel (my first ever college roommate -completely random, and completely a blessing), was apartment hunting in the city with her Momma! On Friday night, we wined (Sangria’d?) and dined at one of Momma Apfel’s favorite Spanish restaurants in the West Village, joined by big brother Josh. This Apfel family is amazing. It felt absolutely wonderful to be in the arms of such loving, inspiring and true friends. Our Mother’s Day brunch on Sunday was even more wonderful- the Eggs Benedict I practically dissolved played a big role, but nothing comparable to the big hearts sitting around the table.



Hayley officially moves up next week. Next week, I will officially be on Cloud 11.

1 comments:

Alyssa said...

free iron man tix!!!! youre living the lifeee haha miss you! you must update me on your life woman!!!

x. alyssa

http://macaroons-and-me.blogspot.com/