Thursday, May 6, 2010

Babe in the Woods

This is my first time at a laundrymat.. laundramat.. omat? 

I hate when other people do my laundry, HATE. All the times dear mom and dad had the housekeeper doing my laundry, I put so many rules and regulations that by the time Juanita (fictionalized name first to mind) knew what could be dried, couldn't be dried, could be dried on medium but only for 10 minutes, needed to be hung dry 80 percent and then machine dried for the other 20 (dewrinkle.. soften..), I might as well have been doing it myself. So I did. And I always thought my parents should have paid me. I mean, they were about to pay a third party to do the job, keep it in the family?

So clearly, I'm not trying to say I'm above doing my own laundry, because yah, I did it all through college at the dorms and sorority house and what not. But no, I've never shared the same dryer with Crack Tooth Crazy to my left and Mohawk Lip Pierce to my right. 

I did manage to squeeze all of my laundry into one machine. Thank God. I'm not big enough to defend two machine loads of amazingly adorable clothes.

Let me take a step back. I totally had to ask the only sane-looking person in sight (I live in the East Village) how in the world to do this all. She looked at me like, "you can't be serious, girl," and I looked back like, "girl, I can be serious and I am being serious." 

Anyways, nice girl and now I'm patiently waiting for the dryers buzz and to get me and my fresh clothes out of here. 

2 comments:

Jess said...

Doesn't this make you miss our midtown apartment since it had laundry in the building?? Almost?

Stacy Tasman said...

miss it almost x 23