Thursday, May 6, 2010

Toast to Mexico

Cinco de Mayo is hands down my favorite holiday, and there is no exact reason. Margs are hands down my favorite drink,  and there is no exact reason, other than the fact that after one, I'm a whole new gal. For lunch, I brought a chile stuffed with cheese and salsa into work in honor of such a holiday and was shocked when half the office felt a third as enthused as I did. My chile was amazing, my marg(s) even more so, and the evening- a whole way more so. 

When I got back home (and I know this because I (or the whole new gal post tequila) actually wrote this last night and am rewriting now it to make it sensible)  I was thinking about all my Blockhead memories- the mexi hot spot I went to serving 3 dollar margs in the center of Midtown. 

One exact day last summer, I went with a buttload of my favorite IMG interns, and as always with the crew, had a fab time. The night quickly turned sorrow-stricken when I recieved this text from my motha: MJ is dead. But then I received another text something along the lines of: Wait, no he's not. And again: No, yeah he is.

Come on celebrity gossip sites, I can't be bothered by this. 

It is so my generation's where were you when JFK got shot? -Where were you when MJ died?

0 comments: