Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I was about to start off with this: When I was in college…

But that is way too weighty of a fragment to be thrown around unexamined.

I resent having to come to terms with and verbalize it, but in bringing up anything college- I will forever be speaking in past tense. My “college experience” is what it was. The whole 3.5 years of it feels so far gone. I can still remember the exact outfit (orange and blue, head to toe) I wore in high school on December 3, 2005- the day after I found out that it would alllllll take place at the University of Florida. Without blaming a third-party substance, I feel like the days in between then and now are a dream. I definitely own the dream, but, none the less, it’s the kind where you wake up the next morning wondering “did that just happened, or did I dream it?”

Anyways, I graduated a semester early, so most of my college buds are just now approaching their own graduations, and just now approaching this so called real world. A lot of my friends are reaching out for help, guidance, advice-someone to tell them exactly what is next. There’s no one answer- It’s scary, but manageable. That’s the only advice I have to offer, a short 5 months post college.

Of course that’s a lie, I have a ton more advice. But it’s 11:15, I just got back from a few beers with Kevin. Kevin is a boy (man, to be contested) that I met at a coffee shop two weeks ago, the same week of the iPad launch. He was particularly appealing, but I’m going to give the credit more to his new piece of technology than anything else.

Basically, this just has to, and will, continue tomorrow.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

kevin sounds dreamy