Friday, October 1, 2010

My boyfriend thinks I'm fat.

It’s time to release the official statement. I’m out of a job.

I know I never spoke much about what that job was in the first place, and I will continue to not speak much about it. It’s not that I was doing something largely under secret. I wasn’t. And it’s not that I was doing something I wasn’t proud of. I was. I was just doing something that perhaps wasn’t exactly me –whoever “me” may be, but she certainly didn’t belong there.

Wait, was she stripping? No, fantasizers. I was working at a startup company, doing PR and Social Media. The break up was seamless –no drama, no hard feelings, nothing vindictive and we’re certainly still friends. I actually had coffee with a co-founder on Monday, lunch with a VP today, and like good ex-boyfriends, they’re still picking up the bill.

My CEO also left me with this, “keep writing your blog - it'll be a movie one day.” My fingers are crossed that his fortune telling follows his (beyond admirable) track record. Will keep you updated on its unraveling.

In the meantime, you ask, I ask, the world asks – what’s next? The answer, as many are, is left open – an openness that I am, once again, excited to pick apart.

0 comments: