Monday, May 3, 2010

Fortune Favors The Bold

I’ve been here longer than a month now, so you’ll have to excuse that reflection I once promised that is now 9 days overdue. I actually just might disregard the whole promise, seeing as the delay in itself sums up my entire reflection.

I love almost every minute, though almost every minute seems like half a second. Moderating those seconds is a heavy conquest. The best way for me to deliver all of this would be to dissect the following song (just the chorus). This video is a few steps ahead, as New York has yet to pop me the question, but it gives a nice touch as you read.



I will parallel my New York life to Katy Perry’s so shrewdly put chorus:

You’re hot then you're cold: Last weekend it was 40 degrees, this weekend it was 85. Last weekend I was shaking in my borrowed boots. This week I was freaking out that my pedicure wasn’t palatable for sandals. Last weekend, I slept in socks and a sweatshirt. This weekend I slept in a sun dress. Fine. I passed out in my sun dress after a long day of sun drinking…

You're yes then you're no:
I say yes to an entire plan, and then say no, nevermind, the hour before. I commit myself to running every other morning, and then say screw it when the rooster coos. I commit myself to running after work, then say screw it when the beer brews. I make “to-do” lists and then “no really, you HAVE to-do this” lists- and my check-off rate is under 5%.

You’re in then you’re out: This might be more so about my own fashion dilemma- half the days I’d give my outfit two thumbs up, half the days even the bum on my street corner wouldn’t be caught dead in such rags. I’m beyond sick of my suitcase (I made an honest attempt Asia, but I just can’t keep the three-shirt rotation afloat).

You're up and you're down: I’m either SUPER happy, or super in need of running before or after work, setting aside the brew, checking off my lists, or getting around to that super needed pedicure- basically SUPER off..or super down, to keep aligned with Miss Perry.

You're wrong when it's right: Actually, I’m always right.

It's black and it's white:
My best friend Beth came to visit this weekend. She’s been home in Florida since we’ve been back from Asia. She’s black, and I’m white. This is not okay.

We fight, we break up: I basically am in a relationship with my roommate. We sleep together every night, pay for each other’s drinks, go on each other’s dates, and occasionally get on each other’s nerves.

We kiss, we make up: But we maybe do massages late night…

Okay that’s all. In total- it’s an upbeat song. And my life- it’s upbeat.

0 comments: