Monday, September 6, 2010

I, I gotta new life. You would hardly recognize me, I'm so glad.

First off, I’m obsessed with acoustic covers of Ace of Base's I Saw The Sign. Second off, this post is not timely whatsoever, so when I say today, I actually mean like 8 days ago...and then I’ll write about the in between 8 days… probably in…3 days. But, no promises.

So, "today" was a beautiful day – relentlessly clear blue with a mesmerizing sunset raising curtain to a sharply-lit skyline. A few friends gathered on the Hudson after a long day at Central Park, as the sun tucked behind the chiseled outline of the city, and cotton candy became of the sky. No doubt a delicious-looking sunset. Coupled with a delicious order of garlic fries and hummus wrap, feeling full is not the word.

The girl I split the fries, wrap and horizon with was Leah, and since she moved up to NYC a few weekends ago, I feel like life has been go, go, go-with the very frequent over-analysis of where it is we are actually going?

My dad sends me e-mails pretty regularly, and usually the e-mails have links to articles that mostly detail how to save the money I barely make in the first place. His most recent e-mail spoke of no such broke-dom, and instead, spoke of a girl he'd seen on TV, who reminded him of me.

“It was a travel program with a dynamic young trekker, writer, travel enthusiast....I thought of all your skills and passions and how this was you!”

It's annoyingly weird that, as I approach the 6 month anniversary (I know, nuts) of my “permanent” move to New York, I'm so not that girl on this day. As beautiful as the day was, let's get some perspective. I've been ooh-ing and ahh-ing at a man-made skyline and sipping on a twice overpriced Corona. It was no pure-nature-warms-the-heart day, which inarguably, garlic fries in no contest, puts me at my fullest.

I’m a huge grass is always greener thinker-- torn between its value of creating inspiring thirst, and its plague of creating unsettling anxiety. My set up in this town is peachy k(gr)een and I'm working on accepting such color as is. I try not for the sentence to read “When I’m here, I wish I was there," and more so, for it to read “When I’m here, I wonder what is there."

Though I'm fully confident that I'll hit each wonder that I dream up, I need t0 make sure I don't colorblind myself from the green in the days leading.

Okay, so I said this post was so 8 days ago, and it was. I'll show you this in effect next time. Get excited.

0 comments: